2021 COURSE DATES NOW BOOKING
Learn to produce your own handmade Italian cured meats using traditional methods and techniques.
This is a hands-on curing meats / charcuterie class with our expert who will guide you through the process in producing different types of classic Italian meats from start to finish, using methods and techniques that have been mastered and practiced by our ancestors for generations.
Learn the correct ways on how to prepare and process your own meats including Pancetta - cured pork belly, and Capocollo - cured pork neck meats. You will blend recipes and learn to finish and protect your meats successfully for the all-important curing process.
You will get hands-on experience with all the specialist supplies and equipment that are needed to produce quality cured meats simply and efficiently.
At the end of this lesson you will leave with the meats you have made in the course, as well as the confidence and knowledge to successfully make your own cured meats at home full of flavour and succulence. If you wish you can request to leave your meats to mature safely with your instructor, who will contact you once they are ready for you to collect.
You will also be treated to a gourmet antipasto tasting of different cured meats and matching condiments that are prepared fresh for you at the end of the class.
This makes for a great gift idea and can be purchased as a gift voucher for a lucky recipient. Or you can email a request for a printable gift certificate if you book in a class for a special someone.
Centrally located in the outer rim of the CBD in a beautifically restored commercial kitchen in the basement of one the oldest original pubs in Melbourne, and only a short walk from one major station from the CBD. We provide a wonderful, hygienic safe working area and showroom for the most avid sausage/salami enthusiast.
Enquiries welcome for your own private groups and team building event. We are equipped with a full liquor licence for the full degustation experience. Small to large groups can be catered for.
The meat and consumables will be provided in the class.
*This is a preservative free food art course – we only use authentic traditional recipes
No previous experience required
For this class you will need to bring:-
- A container - to transport your freshly made produce in
- An apron
- A chopping board
- A face mask
- (Please note if this class is postponed due to COVID-19 government restrictions a new date will be offered when possible in addition to our regular terms and conditions below.)
Please take note of the location where your class will be held. Click here for location details.
IN ADDITION TO OUR GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS THE FOLLOWING APPLY:
- Once purchased, this class cannot be refunded, exchanged, redeemed for cash, or used as payment for products or services.
- All class purchases are FINAL SALE.
- Any transfers of class date after booking has been made will incur a $35.00 transfer fee, per person with 14+ working days advance notice without exception or prejudice.
- Transfer request made with less than 14 working days prior to class starting date will incur a $75.00 late transfer fee without exception or prejudice.
- Transfer requests will not be considered within 24 hours notice of a course booking without exception or prejudice.
- Transfers will only be considered if another identical course is listed and has places available.
- If you are unable to attend a booked class with less than 14 working days’ notice prior to the class start date, you will be given the opportunity to send someone else to participate on your behalf (at no additional cost).
- Transfers to alternative classes are not permitted.
- It is the responsibility of the person booking this course to attend on the booked date, or to inform the intended attendee of the terms and conditions of the booking.
- The class booking is deemed fulfilled once the class date has passed with a non-attendance.
- Bookings will not be extended once the booked course date has passed.