2020 COURSE DATES NOW BOOKING
Great Unique Gift Idea - also available as a voucher for class date flexibility!
Learn to produce your own handmade, preservative free Italian salami using traditional methods and techniques in this salami making class . Our instructors are experts in their field and we have been teaching salami making for over 13 years.
This is a hands-on salami making master class with expert and Sausage Queen, Sara Grazia. Sara will guide you through the salami making process from start to finish using methods that have been mastered and practiced by her ancestors for generations.
Learn the correct ways on how to prepare and process your meat, blend recipes, prepare and fill your casings successfully. You will also learn about the all-important curing process that includes how to dry the salami safely.
You will get hands-on experience with all the specialist machinery and supplies that are needed to produce quality salami simply and efficiently. The meat and the consumables will all be supplied for you to be used in your small group
At the end of this lesson you will leave with the produce you have made throughout the course, as well as the confidence and knowledge to successfully make your own salami at home full of flavour and succulence. If you wish you can request to leave your produce to mature safely with your instructor, who will contact you once they are ready for you to collect.
You will also be treated to a gourmet buffet tasting of different salami and matching condiments that are prepared fresh for you at the end of the class.
This makes for a great gift idea and can be purchased as a gift voucher for a lucky recipient. Or you can email a request for a printable gift certificate if you book in a class for a special someone.
Centrally located in a beautifically restored commercial kitchen in the basement of one of the oldest original pubs in Melbourne, and only a short walk from one major station from the CBD, we provide a wonderful, hygienic safe working area and showroom for the most avid sausage/salami enthusiast.
Enquiries welcome for your own private groups and team building event. We are equipped with a full liquor licence for the full degustation experience. Small to large groups can be catered for. Treat your team work group or friends and family to a private function at any time of year!
* We only use authentic traditional recipes
No previous experience required – ideal for beginners
For this class you will need to bring:
- A container - to transport your freshly made salami home
- An apron
- A sharp knife
- A cutting board
Please take note of the location where your class will be held. Click here for location details.
IN ADDITION TO OUR GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS THE FOLLOWING APPLY:
- Once purchased, this class cannot be refunded, exchanged, redeemed for cash, or used as payment for products or services.
- All class purchases are FINAL SALE.
- Any transfers of class date after booking has been made will incur a $35.00 transfer fee, per person with 14+ working days advance notice without exception or prejudice.
- Transfer request made with less than 14 working days prior to class starting date will incur a $75.00 late transfer fee without exception or prejudice.
- Transfer requests will not be considered within 24 hours notice of a course booking without exception or prejudice.
- Transfers will only be considered if another identical course is listed and has places available.
- If you are unable to attend a booked class with less than 14 working days’ notice prior to the class start date, you will be given the opportunity to send someone else to participate on your behalf (at no additional cost).
- Transfers to alternative classes are not permitted.
- It is the responsibility of the person booking this course to attend on the booked date, or to inform the intended attendee of the terms and conditions of the booking.
- The class booking is deemed fulfilled once the class date has passed with a non-attendance.
- Bookings will not be extended once the booked course date has passed.