2020 COURSE DATES NOW BOOKING- RECEIVE YOUR FREE BOOK
“RUMP TO RAFTERS - The Traditional and Tasty Way of Curing Meats” FREE when you book a class or buy a voucher before 31st December!
Learn to produce your own handmade Italian Prosciutto using traditional methods and techniques.
This Prosciutto Making Masterclass is a hands-on class with expert Norcina and Sausage Queen, Sara Grazia. Sara will guide you through the process in producing two different types of prosciutto from start to finish, using methods and techniques that have been mastered and practiced by her ancestors for generations.
Learn the correct ways on how to prepare and process your meat, blend recipes and finish and protect your meat successfully ready for curing. Sara will also cover the all-important curing process.
You will get hands-on experience with all the specialist supplies and equipment that are needed to produce prosciutto simply and efficiently.
At the end of this lesson you will leave with the produce you have made throughout the course, as well as the confidence and knowledge to successfully make your own prosciutto at home full of flavour and succulence.
You will be provided with a portion of meat and the consumables needed to process some meat into Prosciutto. This is not a full leg but a portion. If you wish to process a full leg in the class please email your request and you will be provided with the relevant information.
If you would like to order a full leg to either, prepare in the session or take home and prepare at a later date, you can also book this in through our bookings email. The leg can be supplied with the bone in or out. For more information please contact us.
*This is a preservative free food art course – we only use authentic traditional recipes
No previous experience required
For this class you will need to bring:
- A container - to transport your freshly made produce home
- An apron
- A cutting board
Please take note of the location where your class will be held. Click here for location details.
IN ADDITION TO OUR GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS THE FOLLOWING APPLY:
- Once purchased, this class cannot be refunded, exchanged, redeemed for cash, or used as payment for products or services.
- All class purchases are FINAL SALE.
- Any transfers of class date after booking has been made will incur a $35.00 transfer fee, per person with 14+ working days advance notice without exception or prejudice.
- Transfer request made with less than 14 working days prior to class starting date will incur a $75.00 late transfer fee without exception or prejudice.
- Transfer requests will not be considered within 24 hours notice of a course booking without exception or prejudice.
- Transfers will only be considered if another identical course is listed and has places available.
- If you are unable to attend a booked class with less than 14 working days’ notice prior to the class start date, you will be given the opportunity to send someone else to participate on your behalf (at no additional cost).
- Transfers to alternative classes are not permitted.
- It is the responsibility of the person booking this course to attend on the booked date, or to inform the intended attendee of the terms and conditions of the booking.
- The class booking is deemed fulfilled once the class date has passed with a non-attendance.
- Bookings will not be extended once the booked course date has passed.