Class dates to come
Learn to produce your own handmade Italian prosciutto using traditional methods and techniques in this Sydney Prosciutto Making class.
This is a hands-on master class with expert and Melbourne’s Sausage Queen, Norcina Sara Grazia. Sara will guide you through the process in producing two different types of prosciutto from start to finish, using methods and techniques that have been mastered and practiced by her ancestors for generations.
Learn the correct ways on how to prepare and process your meat, blend recipes and finish and protect your meat safely ready for curing. Sara will also cover the all-important curing process.
You will get hands-on experience with all the specialist supplies and equipment that are needed to produce both varieties of prosciutto simply and efficiently.
At the end of this lesson you will leave with the produce you have made throughout the course, as well as the confidence and knowledge to successfully make your own prosciutto at home full of flavour and succulence.
You will need to prepare some meat prior to attending this course – details will be emailed to you after booking at least 7 days prior to the course date.
If you are unable to prepare your own piece of meat prior to the session, please let us know and we can arrange this for you. There is an additional fee of $85.00 per piece prepared, this is not a full leg but a portion.
If you would like to order a full leg to either, prepare in the session or take home and prepare at a later date, you can also book this in through our bookings email. The leg can be supplied with the bone in or out. For more information please contact us.
When booking the class you can select to take your meat home or have your instructor mature it for you at an extra fee of $60.00. Your meat will be sent back when matured to an address within Australia. This fee is for a portion of up to 1.5kg maximum starting weight, not a larger piece and not for a full leg.
*This is a preservative free food art course – we only use authentic traditional recipes
No previous experience required
For this class you will need to bring:
- A pen and paper for taking additional notes
- A container - to transport your freshly made produce home
- Prepared meat
- A cutting board
- A masK
- Please note if this class is postponed or our services are restricted due to COVID-19 government guidelines, then a new date will be offered when possible in addition to our regular terms and conditions below.)
- Mandatory Check in on arrival and vaccination certificates to be shown at the start of the class if government guidelines request this.
IN ADDITION TO OUR GENERAL TERMS & CONDITIONS THE FOLLOWING APPLY:
- Once purchased, this class cannot be refunded, exchanged, redeemed for cash, or used as payment for products or services.
- All class purchases are FINAL SALE.
- If you are unable to attend a booked class you will be given the opportunity to send someone else to participate on your behalf (at no additional cost). Please let the instructor know before the class starts.
- Transfers to alternative classes are not permitted.
- It is the responsibility of the person booking this course to attend on the booked date, or to inform the intended attendee of the terms and conditions of the booking.
- The class booking is deemed fulfilled once the class date has passed with a non-attendance.
- Bookings will not be extended once the booked course date has passed
- Should class schedules need to be changed due to government regulations/Covid -19 issues, a new class date will rescheduled and all other terms and conditions will be applied.